1.9 - Should We Update? - Poll

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wuggle, 24 Feb 2016.

By Wuggle on 24 Feb 2016 at 09:12
  1. Wuggle

Wuggle Systems Admin Staff Member Founder Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,918 / 0 / -2
    MC Player:
    Wuggle
    Hello Xeal Gaming!

Mojang recently announced that they are going to release Minecraft version 1.9 on 29 February 2016!

(Read more about our new forum trophies below!)

As the community is pretty split about the update to MC1.9, I think a poll would be best suited to gather the collective opinion of our playerbase. We will carry out this poll to see who would be looking forward to a 1.9 update and who would rather have the server stay at 1.8 as it is at the moment.

This poll will end on 7 March 2016.
    If majority is in favour of the update, we will begin testing the new version.
    This does not mean that we will be updating, unless our compatibility tests have passed.

Do note:
    • Not all features of 1.9 will be enabled if we update.
    • Some existing plugins may be removed due to incompatibility
    • There may be a world wipe/migration if we update.
    ALSO, NEW FORUM TROPHIES!
    Thank you!

Last edited: 24 Feb 2016
    • Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
?

YOUR OPINION ON XEAL 1.9 UPDATE?

Poll closed 8 Mar 2016.
  1. Update to 1.9, or I'll quit!

17.4%
  2. Update to 1.9

27.3%
  3. Whatever wuggle wants!

22.7%
  4. Stay at 1.8

9.1%
  5. Stay at 1.8, or I'll quit!

23.5%

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wuggle, 24 Feb 2016.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Jed0328
      Jed0328
      1. Pvpers should accept the updates and changes in 1.9, sooner or later, we will have to upgrade the server anyway for the long run. Who doesn't like new blocks and new pvp tactics? One more thing, hope those rotten egg pvpers see this and remind themselves not to complain in shout about aac or lag whatsoever. We are trying our best to upgrade the server and who knows, 1.9 might solve it all. Just chill and relax, pvp isn't your life. If it is, then get a life.

2. If I, and the members of iXeno accepts the world reset and migration for the sake of the server after a year of hardwork (since the prev 1.8 migration), building (as you've already seen), staying rich and always staying the top faction, I don't see why you guys should be worried. I know how you guys feel as I and my team had been through hard times bringing up the faction. But the thing is, the new world would give all factions equal chance to develop and start all over. Who knows one of you might topple iXeno? (I doubt it jkjk). It's all about having fun and not about competition. I don't see iXeno as a competitive faction but I see it as a role model for you guys to be motivated in factions! (Do note!) All in all, it's up to Wug and the higher ups.

3. Repeat reading from point 1.

iXenoDaBest2k15-16
    2. Wuggle
      Wuggle
      yay i win wew hahahaah
    3. ULTIMATESLJ
      ULTIMATESLJ
      Will everyone's stuff be wiped? Like stats and moneh?
    4. ULTIMATESLJ
      ULTIMATESLJ
      Many pvpers won't like new pvp tactics. Like me. It's just like adding more hackers. Can u imagine a hacker with 2 swords running around with aimbot?
    5. nuvaaspect
      nuvaaspect
      And worse hackers are going to be op in 1.9 as I can tell things like no cooldownmaxdamage hacks are gonna be developed.once they add killaura and forcedfeild it will be impossible to kill them.plus acc isn't 1.8 fault it's the plugin itself that is buggy currently.
    6. nuvaaspect
      nuvaaspect
    7. DerpyPotato
      DerpyPotato
      PvPers will not like he new 1.9 things, the delay and all. And if you change the speed of hitting to normal, the hit detection will be faster and it will be like no hit delay all over again. (You swing 5 times you hit 5 times) I know because me and my friends tested out a 1.9 pre 2 server. It's not that great.

And the main reason is the pvp and the plugins and the wipe/migration. Some of us put hard work into our faction, and if it is wiped yet again, (first wipe in 2014, then 2015) some players will leave and I don't want that ;-;
    8. Wuggle
      Wuggle
      There was only 1 wipe in 2013 and another in late 2014, none in 2015, for that matter.
    9. Gavin
      Gavin
      Hackers are already op, regen, kill aura, anti knockback, and many more. Don't see why a hacker with 2 swords is more op than a mod with a ban hammer,
    10. StylZ
      StylZ
      A prob is, you cannot use 2 sword at same time. Well.... maybe you can when you jitter-clicking but jitter-clicking deal much less damage making the spam much less useless.

Also like Gav said, 1.8 hacker are already op enough to make every player mad.
    11. DerpyPotato
      DerpyPotato
      Oh ok I guessed I derped, but it did wiped twice.
      --- Double Post Merged, 26 Feb 2016 ---
      There are hack clients with a thing called fake-ip, and in 1.9, it is easier to hack as it just came out. Anyway people can use fake ip to get unbanned easily.
    12. nuvaaspect
      nuvaaspect
      I agree with u
      Ya but 1.9 hackers will be even more op
    13. NehDarBlocked
      NehDarBlocked
      Chat, u read my mind. T.T i want 1.8, i like trying new things too but dis 1.9 iz erm......idk lol

Derp?
    14. NehDarBlocked
      NehDarBlocked
      Ok, i get ur point. BUT DIZ IZ SOUP KIT PVP. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE, TO KILL A GUY.ALSO WHILE U RESOUP, UR SWORD THERE SITTING AROUND MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS, thinking 'sjhckehckdb u just resoup i will be just here recharging like a snail wooooooooo' and also, the word 'immature' iz pretty offensive :< also doz iz mai opinion hue
    15. waynekhr
      waynekhr
      Honestly, who cares if the hackers will be more op?
      They shouldn't even be hacking. Hacking in 1.8 or 1.9 doesn't matter. Seeing that they'll both receive the ban hammer.
    16. NehDarBlocked
      NehDarBlocked
      I'd hate 1.9, but thats my opinion.
      Also,i have to agree with you.Hackers are just kids who hack and trying to ruin people's day.But yeah their no match for an admin/mod
      The 'combat update ' ruins combat LEL
      And YES. THAT WOULD WORK. GAMES SEPERATE SERVER. 1.7 OR 1.8 GAMES SERVER. Yas or making 1.7 and 1.8 joinable again? Like 1.7 + 1.8 pretty sure more 1.7 lovers would join. and would love the community.
      Even a god at pvp supports 1.8

17. NehDarBlocked
      NehDarBlocked
      I agreed with you.
    18. waynekhr
      waynekhr

And YES. THAT WOULD WORK. GAMES SEPERATE SERVER. 1.7 OR 1.8 GAMES SERVER. Yas or making 1.7 and 1.8 joinable again? Like 1.7 + 1.8 pretty sure more 1.7 lovers would join. and would love the community.
      ♡[/QUOTE]

You guys do know that hosting several servers are very taxing on the hoster/owner.
      He would probably need a big sum of money to implement a server good enough for sustenance.

Will you be willing to donate more money? Perhaps even a larger sum. More expenses for him would means higher costs for all of us.

Do spare a thought for wuggle before you start shooting your mouth, offering unrealistic solutions without even conducting a research on the process of doing so.
    19. waynekhr
      waynekhr
      You guys do know that hosting several servers are very taxing on the hoster/owner.
      He would probably need a big sum of money to implement a server good enough for sustenance.

Will you be willing to donate more money? Perhaps even a larger sum. More expenses for him would means higher costs for all of us.

Do spare a thought for wuggle before you start shooting your mouth, offering unrealistic solutions without even conducting a research on the process of doing so.

Also, kindly remove the above post. Accidentally double posted, had issues with the quote coding on my phone.
    20. meltonzheng
      meltonzheng
      Since I'm a fine believer in "changing for the better," it's better to grasp the new additions of Minecraft 1.9 and have more tools to play with than staying stuck with the tools we have now. Without change, nothing will advance...
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.