Help With My Teacher

Discussion in 'School Related' started by GoodLuckCharlie, 28 Apr 2016.

Tags:
  1. GoodLuckCharlie

GoodLuckCharlie Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Hi, I'm GoodLuckCharlie. Thanks for viewing my thread.

Recently, there has been a teacher in my school that hates me. It's not like she hides it well; I can clearly tell from the look she gives me and her voice tone. The reason she hates me is because I supposedly don't do my homework.

At this point, you may think her hatred is directed towards me in a justified way. However, I'll explain what's going on in detail. Ever since I went to her class, she would never ask for homework. Sure, she'd sometimes say "i'm checking homework tomorrow!" but the next day, she'd never ask for it. Her homework checks are vague and never have a specific time or date. It took me about half the school year to realise that I needed to hand in my homework the next day by going up to her desk and shoving it in her face.

Now, this teacher really hates me. I can tell because she always picks on me in subtle ways. For example, she said I was getting distracted too much, when everyone around me was literally taking their phones out and playing games. In fact, I was one of the few people who were actually working.

Another thing, she sometimes marks my homework as incomplete even though I did it. For example, she said "good job, you did all your homework for this lesson!" then she marked it as incomplete. If this happened only once, I'd accept it as an honest mistake. But the fact that she did it multiple times...

In my opinion, she's a lazy, incompetent, rude person. While I will admit my forgetfulness, I think of myself as a moderate person. Nobody has ever hated and targeted me before like this teacher. What should I do?

• Cheers Cheers x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Slicendicez

Slicendicez DJ Slice Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +293 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    Slicendicez
    sad to hear such things coming from ANY school. cheer up :)

Last edited: 28 Apr 2016
  3. FruitNinja

FruitNinja PvP Noob Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +995 / 11 / -3
    MC Player:
    mukalakus
    Report your teacher to the higher-ups. It's like the moment when someone griefed your house and you need to report it at the higher-ups, same feeling or plan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    It's not like they're going to believe me. The counsellor will probably tell me to stop lying about doing my homework. I mean, she is the teacher. I have no power over her, and what she says is more believable to many adults since she's supposed to be responsible or something.

5. battleaxe07

battleaxe07 A normal player, and a half-born warrior Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +2,166 / 1 / -3
    MC Player:
    Alphanostv07
    Just act like u always smile and friendly, like ur a nerd in class everytime shes on teaching duty

6. Diana0523

Diana0523 Adept Poster - A2

Ratings:
    +709 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    duskey1
    One of my teachers hated me also.Here's the reason why;most my classmates did one part of the test wrong it was the modified true or false and she gave back the test papers so they could correct it but she didn't give the test papers to the ones that did the test correctly(I'm part of that).I was like around 8 years old so I didn't think that she was doing things wrongly but I did tell my parents.After that my parents had a talk with her and complained about her along with some of the other parents.She'd never do anything but by the way she looks at me you could tell she hates me.She couldn't really pick on me by lowering my grades and stuff and take me out of my honor role.So I think you should just prove to her that you actually do your homework and take studying seriously if that fails you could show your homework that she marked "incomplete" even though you did it to your principal and complain.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to do this, but as I've said before, I'm a forgetful person. This problem isn't 100% my teacher's fault. It was partly my fault for not being able to adapt to my teacher's characteristics quicker. However, I don't think this gives the teacher the right to abuse her power and do whatever she wants with my grades. She's a lazy person. It takes up to 1 month for her to grade a short test. Even if she checks my homework, she's too lazy to actually check it as complete. I tried sending her emails about this issue, but she responded quite rudely and said I wasn't focusing or listening in class. That's definitely not true, and how would she know who does what? She stares at her desk for most of the class.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Tushady

Tushady Adept Poster - A1

Ratings:
    +809 / 0 / -3
    MC Player:
    tushady
    Ok so here are the things that you will need: a tube of superglue, some nails, a banana peel, a dead rat, a nylon bag, duct tape, some..........oh nevermind! Just be a good boy and do your home work!!!! It'll get better...

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. ULTIMATESLJ

ULTIMATESLJ F0Rum? & Banner Senpai Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +1,739 / 10 / -24
    MC Player:
    ULTIMATESLJ
    Believe me, parents have power over teachers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Yeah, but my parents know I'm a forgetful person. They'll assume I'm just slow and blame me.

11. StylZ

StylZ Weird Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 3 / -2
    MC Player:
    StylZ
    That teacher have negative impression on you. The first impression is always important, it might affect how a person think about you. Once someone have negative impression, it will be hard to change her's mind, because your teacher thinks you are lazy and delinquent even though you are not.

I suggest you try the following tips.
    1) Do her homework
    If you keep doing her homework, she will eventually think you are not lazy student. This will help slowly change her impression from negative to positive. If not, she might hate you less than before.
    2) Don't argue or angry at your teacher.
    No matter how picky and awful your teacher is, do not argue with her. If you argue with her, she have more reason to hate you and you can be charged for disrespecting teachers at school. Doing this will get you got punished and give other teacher bad impression. Thus, leading more unwanted trouble.
    3) Be polite with her
    Be polite with her might able to change her impression. Also, being polite giving her less reason to hate you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Win Win x 1
  12. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Ok, thanks for the tip. I should work on remembering to hand in my homework (even if she doesn't ask for it). I try not to be overly rude to her. When I'm really annoyed, I frustrate her in subtle ways so that she doesn't think it's caused by me. This way, she doesn't hate me more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    I sent her an email about the issues I've been having in class, and I thought it wouldn't offend or frustrate my teacher. However, she responded quite harshly and said I never listen. I really don't like how she says I'm distracted easily when I'm one of the few people who actually work in her class. Now, I'm nervous about what she'll say to me about the email next class.

14. GoldWind

GoldWind Initiate Poster - B2

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    GoldWind
    I feel you bro :frown: My math teacher doesn't seem to like me for some reason, Even though my performance is really good in math, She never smiles at me neither does she do eye contact at me, While she does it to all my classmates as I observed. I just don't understand why...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  15. Bernard

Bernard Zero Two's freakin' awesome ~

Ratings:
    +1,481 / 0 / -1
    MC Player:
    Bernard
    Thai teacher don't really care me :3

But Americans/Europeans teachers seem to chat/talk with me more often.
    Cuz I'm half Singapore
    *wears that black glasses thing*

• Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  16. Krakken

Krakken Cowministrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +980 / 0 / -4
    MC Player:
    krakken858
    I sympathize with your situation but if you would ask me, a certified teacher who has been teaching in the school for quite awhile(hope she is not just a trainee teacher) would not bear any grudges or hatred against students. Because if this is the case, there are bound to be students voicing out to their parents and it will quickly be pointed out to the principal etc.

So, if that's the case, maybe ask yourself if you did something that made her bear such grudge for you? You may think that you are a moderate person and don't think you are in any wrong, maybe ask some of your friends? A neutral party will surely be willing to help analyse the situation.

If all fails, the last resort would be to approach the teacher yourself. If you really think this hatred she bears for you is uncomfortable and is affecting your studies and mental health, I don't see why you should not voice it out. Find a time and ask her what is the real problem. If you are not brave enough, it is always fine to bring your close friend along. I am sure with some talks, this issue will be easily resolved. However, if she is really like what you said, rude/incompetent/lazy etc. And she has a shitty attitude or manners when she is talking towards you particularly, you are always free to feedback to any other teachers. I am sure she is not the only evil teacher in your school.

Hope these resolutions help you and your worries. Cheers. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    She's new this year. Although she looks quite old, I've heard it's her first time in my school. Also, many students are also complaining about the teacher's lack of responsibility.

18. Krakken

Krakken Cowministrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +980 / 0 / -4
    MC Player:
    krakken858
    Then I see, the teacher must have been inexperienced. Maybe give her some time, and with more guidance from the other teachers she may change. :)

19. GoodLuckCharlie

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Hopefully. The school year's almost ending, so I don't want to confront her or make a scene. I'll just wait it out and I'll probably not get her next year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  20. Destial

Destial Donor

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -3
    MC Player:
    Destial
    This is what you have to do:
    1. JUST MURDER UR TEACHER
    2. Remember I'm joking.
    3. JUST DO IT
    4. Go tell your parents and tell them what is happening to you in school.
    5. Parents > Teachers
    6. GET HER FIRED
    7. have fun
    --- Double Post Merged, 5 May 2016 ---

• Funny Funny x 1