How To Spot A Hacker

Discussion in 'Guides' started by GoodLuckCharlie, 29 Mar 2016.

Tags:
  1. GoodLuckCharlie

GoodLuckCharlie Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +347 / 4 / -1
    MC Player:
    RoyalCraft101
    Hello, everyone! Today, I'm going to show you a few methods to spot a hacker.

Movement Hacks:

Step: Step is a type of hack that allows a player to walk up blocks without having to jump. The hacker usually walks up a hill or mountain without breaking his/her sprint.
    How to spot: Step is quite easy to spot. If you see someone gliding up a block and sprinting up a mountain, they're step hacking. Hackers will usually jerk upwards right before hitting the block, allowing them to maintain their sprint and continue climbing.
    For step hackers, running up a hill=sprinting on a superflat world
    Advantages for the hacker: Obviously, the hacker will have an advantage when trying to run away from someone on a hill, or chasing someone. They'll have an easy time climbing mountains to get resources.
    Precautions:
    They might be lagging. Sometimes, the so-called "hackers" may teleport up a block, not because they hack, but because they are lagging. However, if all their movements are smooth and they aren't ghosting at all, it's very easy to spot this hack if they sprint up a hill.

Fly: Fly hacks are an illegal tool that allows you to fly. Sometimes, the AAC will prevent them from flying and rubber-band them back, but some hackers do succeed in flying.
    How to spot: Extremely easy to spot. If someone's flying and they don't have a rank that enables them to fly (admin, for example), they're fly hacking.
    Advantages for the hacker: Getting on top of high places, increased speed, etc.
    Precautions: Make sure the person you're reporting isn't a rank-owner. Also, do know that some players may temporarily be given the ability to fly by a staff member. However, if that player is abusing this, it's very likely that he/she's fly hacking and not given this privilege by a staff member.

Speed: Speed hacks make the hacker faster. They will look like they have a speed effect when they're on the ground (not jumping). Sometimes, the hacker will get a speed boost occasionally which will look like they suddenly whoosh forward.
    How to spot: If someone's catching up to you while you're sprint-jumping, and they're just sprinting, they're probably hacking. I'm talking about a chase on a flat world. It's also easy to spot when a player is abnormally fast.
    Advantages for the hacker: Increased speed
    Precautions: Make sure the player doesn't have a speed effect. Check if the player has particles. Also, staff members may be flying low on the ground, giving the impression that they are speed hacking.

No fall & Glide: No fall is basically a hack that prevents fall damage. Glide hacks make the hacker glide to the ground when falling, to prevent fall damage.
    How to spot: If someone doesn't take fall damage when they fall from a height of more than 3 blocks, they might be hacking. You can tell they take fall damage by the sound effect and the fact that they will turn red for a second, indicating the damage they took. Glide hacks are easy to spot. If someone glides to the ground, they're hacking.
    Advantages for the hacker: If they fall off a cliff, they don't die.
    Precautions: Lag may sometimes glitch out the fall damage. Also, staff members may have creative mode, preventing fall damage.

Survival Hacks:
    X-ray: X-ray hacks or texture packs will make only a few select blocks visible to the hacker, such as diamond ore and chests. This gives them a huge advantage when mining, since they can spot where all the ores are.
    How to spot: Check their tunnels and their digging method. If they have irregular, strange tunnels that lead directly to a treasure of some sort, they're probably hacking.
    Advantages for the hacker: They can find a lot of good loot easily.
    Precautions: Some players just dig randomly. However, if a player digs randomly and consistently reaches diamonds and emeralds, they're probably hacking.

Regen: This hack allows a player to regenerate his/her health extremely quickly when their hunger bar is full.
    How to spot: This hack doesn't work on most servers. It's very rare. However, mods such as the "Damage Indicator Mod" will show the health of a player. If they are regenerating heath at an abnormal rate, they might be hacking. There really is no way to be sure of a regen hacker. I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on Xeal.
    Advantages for the hacker: They regenerate health so quickly, it's hard for them to die.
    Precautions: Enchanted golden apples give an extremely fast regen effect, so make sure to see if there are any particles on the suspicious player.

PvP Hacks:

Autosoup: This hack allows a player to refill his/her hotbar with soup (in kitPvP) without having to open their inventory. As soon as an empty spot opens up in his/her hotbar, a bowl of soup will automatically be transferred from his/her inventory to the hotbar.
    How to spot: It's one of the hardest PvP hacks to spot. Some players will refill their soup quickly during the middle of the fight. The only way to be sure is when a player continues to move and swing their sword, and they won't die even after sustaining many, many hits. If you hit someone more than that player hit you, and if the player doesn't stop to refill his/her soup, and you lose the fight though you've conserved all your soup and used them well, that player might be hacking. Remember, when a player opens his/her inventory, he/she cannot move or swing their sword.
    Advantages for the hacker: Good soupers really cannot die with this hack.
    Precautions: They could be stopping during the middle of the fight to refill their soup. It's very hard to tell. Remember that it can take less than a second for some players to refill their soup.

Killaura & Aimbot: Killaura enables the hacker to hit anyone in their range. It doesn't require the hacker to click their mouse; it swings its sword automatically. Some types of killaura can hit multiple people at once. Also, the server delay and ping are canceled, meaning that the hacker can hit players that are 5 blocks away. Aimbot is very similar, but it requires the hacker to click his/her mouse and the hack will lock on to the nearest opponent. It gives the hacker inhuman aim.
    How to spot: If someone's slamming you back every time you get in within 5 blocks of him/her, that player is probably hacking. If he/she just hits you when you get within range and they don't even strafe or use their fishing rod, that player is probably hacking. Also, bring a teammate. Some hackers will hit both of you at the same time. Aimbot is harder to spot. Players that get weird double hits MIGHT be using this hack. Players who jerk their head around unnaturally are probably hacking. If you bring a teammate, the aimbot hacker's head will snap back and forth, trying to target you both. Players who are hitting you while looking at weird angles such as looking straight up or down are probably hacking. If you surprise attack someone and they snap their head around and immediately start attacking you, they may be hacking.
    Advantages for the hacker: They can kill players easily and win PvP games.
    Precautions: Sometimes, the player may just be good. The only way to be sure is:
    1) They slam you back when you get within range, and they don't strafe or use their rod.
    2) They look at weird angles and they still hit you.
    3) They hit multiple entities at the same time.
    4) They jerk their head around and manage to hit you many consecutive times.

Derp: This hack makes a player's head jerk around when fighting. Where they're looking at doesn't correspond to where their head is facing.
    How to spot: Quite stupid to use. It's very easy to spot. If someone's snapping their head around and they get consecutive good hits on you, they're probably hacking. Remember, where the hacker's really looking towards doesn't equal where his/her head points.
    Advantages for the hacker: It makes their movements unpredictable and "surprise attacks" may not work just because their back appears to be turned.
    Precautions: Some players will jerk their heads around and jitterclick for fun. However, derp hackers will get consecutive hits on you.

No knockback: This hack prevents a player from taking any knockback.
    How to spot: If you hit someone with a bow, sword, or fishing rod and they continue to sprint in the same direction without being hindered at all, they're using no knockback. It looks very unnatural because hackers will not be hit backwards, even when hit with an arrow.
    Advantages for the hacker: They can go on the offensive fight and fishing rods have no effect on them. They cannot get comboed.
    Precautions: Sometimes, laggy players take less or delayed knockback. However, hackers will truly take absolutely no knockback.

Critical hacks: This hack allows a player to get critical hits (hits that do more damage) every single time they hit someone.
    How to spot: Hackers will deal more damage even when they aren't jumping. Also, hackers will appear to slightly bob up and down on the ground rapidly.
    Advantages for the hacker: They deal more damage.
    Precautions: They may have an enchantment on their sword. They may actually be jumping and getting critical hits.

This sums up my guide about spotting hackers. I haven't included every single hack in the game, only the common ones that can be found on many servers. Xeal doesn't have many hackers, but I see some people hackusating innocent players.

When you see a suspicious person, don't hackusate. Always make sure that this player is hacking and if he/she is, then record the player hacking or take a screenshot, depending on the situation. Then, report that player on the forums on the "Abuse Reports" section.

Thank you for reading my guide! I hope this was very informative and taught you some tips on how to spot hackers.

Last edited: 29 Mar 2016
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FruitNinja

FruitNinja PvP Noob Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +995 / 11 / -3
    MC Player:
    mukalakus
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. shadow1303

shadow1303 Zucc. Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +854 / 2 / -4
    MC Player:
    Shadow1303
    Assasain sword ready

4. StylZ

StylZ Jobless Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,700 / 3 / -2
    MC Player:
    StylZ
    Nice guide.

This guide might able to help me spot hacker more easily.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ULTIMATESLJ

ULTIMATESLJ F0Rum? & Banner Senpai

Ratings:
    +1,735 / 10 / -24
    MC Player:
    ULTIMATESLJ
    It'll prob help me moar cos I seldom see u in kitpvp :3
    --- Double Post Merged, 29 Mar 2016 ---
    It'll prob help me moar cos I seldom see u in kitpvp :3
    I cri everi tiem :<

6. Lightning