REJECTED Just My Thoughts

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHPanda, 6 Jun 2016.

?

Is wuggle handsome?

1. Yes, he's the man of my dreams.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. No, he looks like my dog/Banana/Cow/[Insert insult here].

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHPanda

SHPanda Infinity Staff Member Helper Builder Donor Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +661 / 4 / -2
    MC Player:
    platinum_attack
    As some of you might know, I am quite a old player, and a rather inactive one since last year. Built many memorable memories here, really enjoyed myself. I have no clue even if Wuggle is still making a profit hosting this server, but really, much thanks for making a server with such a great community. When I got totally rubbish grades during exams, I know I can get online and relieve some stress by playing with friends (most of them are gone urg), and just escape from my troubles. So I am just gonna try and talk a few words (probably not) about my experience on the server currently.

So I have recently been online on the main server, so lets talk about it. Everything looks awesome with the new builds, the custom biomes are cool too. The spawn looks amazing even though it is still W.I.P. The presentation of the server just improved dramatically as compared to the Xeal last time. It generally looks more professional, and it feels that Xeal has upgraded from a neighbourhood server to a major city one. The builders has done a great job I have to say. But however, even though the appearance looks awesome, Minecraft is still a sandbox game. There is more to good looking builds. What about the resources? Minecraft is a resource gathering game too. If resources are scarce, it is hard to gather enough materials for survival for new players, don't even bother talking about making beautiful builds, they will take a long time before they fully settle down with a good shelter and a proper food resource. Then they can start on other projects. It just made minecraft really hard in my opinion, and that may become the cause that some players might want to play on other servers instead of Xeal.

I also realised the "cost of living" is expensive, probably even more expensive than Singapore. With voting giving little rewards, jobs giving a few cents, and faction tax costing a few hundred dollars a day, it is no surprise that players ends up in poverty. People now would rather not create factions and just build in the wilderness, reporting griefing to staffs and making people get bans and stuff. This just makes the server very depressing. And people will grief because it's so hard to find materials. Why call it peaceful factions when you have all of these problems going on that makes it toxic? It is not even factions since only the richer players get to create and maintain their faction, while others just build in the wilderness. It just doesn't really feel right. This isn't the Xeal I was expecting a year back when I left the server to study for my 'O's.

Inflation is defined as a sustained increase in the general level of prices for goods and services.

That's the definition of inflation, where the price of goods is increased. And sometimes to the extent that people can no longer affort to buy the goods. I feel like the amount of time I spent mining for diamond is just not worth the price I sold it for, and since I also need resources to make up for the pickaxes and other tools I broke, this just further decreases my profit. I spent 1 hour plus mining for resources. I get just enough money to pay the faction tax for a few days. Knowing the little time I can devote to the server now, and many players out there having school, mining everyday for 1-3 hour isn't the best choice if you want to improve in school and bond with your real life family and friends. Not to mention it gets pretty boring too. Xeal should be enjoyable, having fun with friends and not brainless digging to get enough to pay to get enough money to support your faction. When the shop opens, I hope I won't see insanely illogical high prices for a piece of dirt or cobblestone. We said to prevent inflation, but the server seems to be causing it itself. The world has already been reset. Almost everything got cleared, its time to loosen things up. Last time, a fifth of the server population had like at least $100,000. Now more than half the server has only about $300.

The games server is cool, but I say to reduce the minimum player to start games to be about 3-4, and also probably to add back in 1v1. It gets pretty boring when there are little players on the server and you just cannot start a game of OITQ or something other than KitPVP. And please make the money earned in games to do something, like $10,000 for $20-40 dollars in kitPVP or something, or else parkour is as good as useless.

My suggestion:
    - Cheaper shop prices when it opens
    - Increased price for sale of resources via /sell hand.
    - Remove totally/Reduce greatly prices of faction taxes.
    - Lower minimum player required in minigame to 3-4.
    - Add in minigames that require little people to play.

I am not here to hate or something, Xeal will forever be the best Minecraft server in my heart, and I am not saying to make Main easy as one two three, but just to share my thoughts and opinions of the server now. Forget the past you may say, but nobody would want something so memorable to disappear or turn into something so different. In short, I missed the old Xeal. Thanks for reading, if you actually read all of this, if not you suck and I'll hate you forever (Jks). Happy playing. Cheers. Goodbye. See ya. Whatever.

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Win x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Cheers x 1
  2. Ninteen

Ninteen Retired Selfie King Elite Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +587 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    Ninteen
    I totally agreed what you been trying to say/point out.
    Throughout my whole minecraft life, Xeal is the best for me too!
    But i have to say that nowdays, things are changing and the 'exact' feeling is not there anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Metallic

Metallic Sealed God Lucius Elite Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +283 / 3 / -2
    MC Player:
    MetallicWisdom48
    I agree that the prices of /sell hand should increase and the taxes should be reduced but maybe not entirely removed? Faction taxes are simulating like real life renting.
    Last but not least. Increase the voting rewards! :P

• Like Like x 4
  4. Krakken

Krakken Cowministrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +980 / 0 / -4
    MC Player:
    krakken858
    I really do agree with the points that you have stated. But it's just one thing that bugs me, why the poll? Maybe it's a joke to you but.. is it really necessary for " No, he looks like my dog/Banana/Cow/[Insert insult here]." this to be a poll choice?

It may not matter much to you guys but it may cause a great impact to Wuggle, considering the No votes are more than the Yes votes. It's just... unnecessary in my opinion.

I value your opinion and suggestions very much and yes I read every single word of it, and I am eager to bring this up with Wuggle during the next meeting, it's.. just the poll.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SHPanda

Ratings:
    +661 / 4 / -2
    MC Player:
    platinum_attack
    Haha it is my weird sense of humor. Hmm if Wuggle don't like it I'll take it down. In my experience with him on group chats and what not he is not the type that cares about this type of stuff. I known him for like what almost 3 years? Plus I did it many times already. Of course its unnecessary, unless you say that insults is an important aspect in life. I mean thats quite the obvious right? LEL.

Another thing I just want to mention. I think we should just generally loosen things around here. It's a gaming platform for gods sake, why are people so tensed up and strict here. It is supposed to be fun. After being in a new education insititution really changed my perspective of life haha. Before that I too believed in discipline that will overrule all due to teachings in UG, so I am rather strict and quite the no bs kind on Xeal. But well, now with all the new friends and teachers, I find forming positive bonds the best to interact and change people. But of course, a certain level of discipline and torlerance still must be in place.

Insult me. If you feel that you need to do Wug justice. I don't care. Nobody really cares. If you are so easily swayed by insults, Iook back in life, does the insults truly reflect on who you really are? Hm looks like the poll is necessary LOL due to a unexpected hidden message behind it.

Krakken I'm grateful that you can help to talk to Wug about this. But maybe this is just some food for thought? Cheers. And grats on all the helpers who got promoted to moderators :). Grats on Ed becoming the manager for the dunno how many times already, hope this server can still last for years to come.

• Like Like x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Metallic

Metallic Sealed God Lucius Elite Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +283 / 3 / -2
    MC Player:
    MetallicWisdom48
    Wow,you really are a compo writer xD

7. SHPanda

Ratings:
    +661 / 4 / -2
    MC Player:
    platinum_attack
    Haha got used to 4 page English essays for General Paper in college xD.

8. LucasWee62669

LucasWee62669 RIP Xeal Donor Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +338 / 3 / -20
    MC Player:
    Lucaswee626
    The Value of Faction Taxes are all up to the leader

9. Emminess

Emminess Nuberatary Staff Member Secretary Helper Elite

Ratings:
    +1,541 / 1 / -0
    MC Player:
    Emminess
    WHALECOME BACK warm water !!! i highly agree with whatever you say in this suggestion (despitethefactthatitsnotfollowingthecorrectformat) :D ill definitely bring this up to wug ALSO +999 for your poll wuggle is my duck

PS TALK MORE ON TELEGRAM WHEN YOU ARE BOREDD :>
    PPS hope you enjoyed our prank call hehe (you probs forgot :( )

@Wuggle @Wuggle @Wuggle

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ULTIMATESLJ

ULTIMATESLJ F0Rum? & Banner Senpai Forum Regular

Ratings:
    +1,739 / 10 / -24
    MC Player:
    ULTIMATESLJ
    Teach me senpai writer

• Like Like x 1
  11. MalHarmonics

MalHarmonics Adept Poster - A1

Ratings:
    +256 / 1 / -3
    MC Player:
    MalHarmonics
    Meh faction tax completely blows my balance cos I'm inactive for so long and unable to sustain my 1 chunk of land

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SHPanda

Ratings:
    +661 / 4 / -2
    MC Player:
    platinum_attack
    As a faction you also have to pay taxes to the server according to the size of your faction, and the tax is paid via the faction bank. So once your faction bank goes bankrupt, all your faction land will be unclaimed. That was a issue for me while managing my faction, since I was inactive during the weekdays. So I had to prepare thousands of dollars in the faction bank during the weekends before I leave. But it always ran out of money so I gave up claiming it. Plus claiming takes even more money. Its a vicous cycle of poverty D:.
    Thenkz :)

13. Wuggle

Wuggle Systems Admin Staff Member Founder Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,918 / 0 / -2
    MC Player:
    Wuggle
    • Shop prices are supposed to be high as players should work for their resources rather than buy it from the shop, which should be priced at a premium as it is a last resort.
    • We would rather have a player based market and let players buy and sell within themselves rather than buy from the server or sell to the server.
    • Faction taxes are okay at the moment, with players who work for their upkeep being able to cope, I dont think the server should be too easy for the players, there needs to be an element of challenge.
    • There are already minigames with 3 to 4 player requirements or even lesser, such as parkour or KitPvP. We dont really have demand for minigames that are doable at the moment.
    Hence, rejected, sorry plat!

• Win Win x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.