Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Movies and Novels' started by GoodLuckCharlie, 6 May 2016.

1. Aether

Aether Retired Hobo Retired Staff Elite

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    Aether
    You're not getting it. This is not about Marvel nor the fact that different companies have movie rights to their respective movies. The fact is despite all ownership, they will always be in the same universe movie or otherwise, the same reason why they retconned Spiderman and he's more involved in the Avengers storyline. Similarly, characters like Green Lantern and Quicksilver are also being retconned to better fit certain characteristics they're looking for

2. Diana0523

Diana0523 Adept Poster - A2

Ratings:
    +709 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    duskey1
    I'll try to explain this as clearly as I can.I did some more research and found at that Marvel and Fox's lawyers came to a compromise and decided that Fox can show Pierto in their movies but they can't mention that he's an avenger or that the avengers even exist but they were allowed to mention him being magneto's son

Marvel was allowed to use Pierto in age of ultron they weren't allowed to make mention of him being a mutant,a part of xmen or son of magneto.Since fox has the right to the concepts of mutants,their main villains.etc.

Unless you finally agree with me,I'll just keep silent about this because arguing will get us nowhere

Last edited: 7 May 2016
  3. Aether

Aether Retired Hobo Retired Staff Elite

Ratings:
    +1,155 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    Aether
    You keep talking about Fox but it's not about them. It's simple, they are the same universe canonically, it does not matter who owns what. The fact is they share the same universe in that paradigm, regardless of anything but they are just in a "Different environment" or different timeline

Also, they can't mention Pietro being Magneto's son because that would clash with X-Men's version of Quicksilver. The compromise was that Avengers would keep Scarlet whereas X-Men would keep Quicksilver as the Peter Maximoff alias.