Stylez's Community Farewell

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by StylZ, 10 Oct 2016.

1. StylZ

StylZ Jobless Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,697 / 3 / -2
    MC Player:
    StylZ
    Hello everyone!

Today will be the day I bid my farewell to the community. I enjoyed a year and 3 months of time in Xeal community.

Thanks for let me became staff.

That’s all

Kthxnbai

Wololo long post

Okay, this is the real farewell note it is not the jokes thread like the one I made on April Fools Day.

As of May 2016, I have become much busier than before due to my new high school life. The 4th of May 2016 marks the beginning of my Form 6 (equivalent as A Level) life. You might have noticed ever since May, I have become inactive. I have a lot of real life stuff need to be handled, works, jobs, relationships and there’s a lot more. It is not easy to maintaining my real-life business and Xeal business. Focusing on Xeal or my real-life have become my opportunity cost. If I don’t make a decision, I will not able to maintain my life and Xeal business. As a result, I decided to choose my real-life business as my main priority.

Actually, I have postponed my farewell a lot of times before. Originally, I plan to resign in May 2016 but I postponed it to July, then again postponed to November. I plan to resign in November because I have a very important national test and I want to improve my grade so that it will help me get a place in University.

Besides that, I am slowly losing interest in gaming, my PC is not strong enough to run the new game like Mafia 3 or Watch Dogs 2 and I am got bored of the game I have especially Team Fortress 2 and GTA V. I have a lot of work need to be completed, so I don’t have extra time to play games.

I would like to thanks the staff team and the players for all the fun time we have. I have learned a lot from the staff team and from the players. The lesson I learned is invaluable as it helped me a lot in my daily life.

I would like to share how Xeal changed my daily life.

After I became part of the staff team, it really encourages me to communicate with other players. This helped me a lot in my daily social life. If you guys still remember back in the days when I am new to voice chat, I don’t want to speak at all because I feel shy and awkward. However, now I am no longer afraid to talk to in-front of other people. Besides that, with the communication skill I got, I’m able to make new friends in real life. My social life used to be lonely and empty as empty grocery store. Xeal helped me to open up and make me became better at socializing. Now, my life has become more interesting. As of 10th of October 2016, I have done a lot of fun activities with my friends, these are one of the best memories I have in my entire life. Without Xeal, I don’t think I’ll able to meet them.

I used to be thought that friends are something optional and we don’t need one, we can live our own. Now I understand, friends can make one person’s life became much more interesting. If we live in our own world, we only see the world from our perspective. With the communication I can see the world from a lot of perspective and I have learned how I can work together as a team and able to tolerate other people’s mistakes. Here’s a funny experience, before I’m becoming staff I cannot tolerate people reply me ‘k’ or ‘okok’ because it makes me think other people don’t really care about me. However, now I understand sometimes people reply in that way because they could be busy, we have to think from their perspective, understand their current situation.

Also, my English fluency (in speaking) has improved since I started voice talk with other players. The fluency allows me to perform better in English speaking test, my English speaking grade is better than before. I also have been chosen as school representatives in Public Speaking competition next year. While I must admit my grammar still remain cancerous but at least it is slightly better than before. Also, some people criticized my English were cancerous in Xeal, I must say, I appreciate the feedback because without that feedback I wouldn’t know my English were that bad. I’m currently having English tuition, hopefully that will help improve my English before my major exam come.

The Admin position in Xeal helped me to achieve one of my biggest milestone in my life, I am now a part of student council. I learned the way to handle technical stuff ever since Moderator day but the Admin rank give me much more opportunity. I learned basic programming (basically just configuration) which increase my value. With this this skill, I have been elected as Technical Exco for the school student council for the year 2016 and 2017. Even though my position doesn’t involve in programming and my job is like setting up speaker system for morning assembly or for school major events and this jobs make me had to come school 6:30am. However, being part of student council and get position in technical jobs are one of wish. Thanks to the Admin position, I have now fulfilled my wishes.

Besides that, I developed leadership skill and teamwork skill while being staff. There is some job require teamwork in order to achieve it, and the Xeal staff position provide a great opportunity to provide me a great medium to develop leadership skill. Since the server has been closed, I guess it should be okay for me to reveal this. We actually planned a lot before we went straight into punishing someone for crime in some cases. Guude’s ridiculous ban evasion cases were handled by me and Niffler since both of us know a lot about him especially his behavior. Before we went banning him, we actually created some trap with other staff in order to make mw show himself and provide us a concrete proof to send him to Ban Heaven. Without teamwork and leadership, these plan will not succeed. While my leadership skill is not that good compared to other staffs, but Xeal provide me a chance to execute a plan with other staffs. I applied these skills in my daily life, I am also Vice Class President for year 2016 and 2017. I used to be unable to handle class monitor work but now I can handle it without any flaws.

Xeal also taught me the way I handle stuff. Before I’m part of Xeal staff, I usually hate doing assignments given, I always tend to procrastinate, my formal principal of life is “No game, No Life”. My behavior caused me became one of the problematic students in my class. However, the player and community both are work hard in maintaining their grade while having fun playing games. This became my motivation to work smart and play hard. By the end of the year, I have successfully raised my grade (it is still not very good grade).

One of the most invaluable lesson I learned from Xeal is, “Learn from mistakes”. I make a lot of mistakes during my time as a staff. I mis-typed command, handling cases that I’m not supposed to handle and some more. We are the normal humans, we humans made mistakes. I learned from the mistakes I made. If we learn from mistakes, we can improve ourselves and make us a better person. Mistakes can be a great teacher if we can embrace it and learn from the mistakes we made.

It’s no secret that I have been called one of the strictest staff in Xeal by some players, to be honest I do not like to doing disciplinary actions on other players. Like I mention above people tend to make mistakes especially when they newly joined the server. At first, my principal is zero tolerance against all crimes but after a very long time I realized my principal are wrong and it is unfair to the new players. If I put myself in new player’s shoes, I will not happy if I got banned for griefing just because I newly joined server and made a mistakes. This makes me think I should be much softer person rather than being an iron fist that swing my ban, mute and warn hammer all the time. Okay, maybe with the exception of serious cases like ban evade, account breach or racism. By the way, I’m not going to apologize for the most controversial case I have handled. It is the case that I let other staff banning an Adept ranked player for breaching my account as there's a concrete, solid and real proof to support this. Law by law, dare to do such big crime as Adept, dare to bare consequences.

After this I will fully focus on my plans, my goal and maintaining my real-life social life. I have already planned my upcoming activities by the time I write this farewell thread. Maybe I’ll get involved in Music Industry, I still need to learn music notes from my classmates (I learn stuff from my newly met classmates).

Also, please DO NOT send me any private message on Telegram. Even though I might talk in Xeal public group but usually I online on Telegram to handle work. If you send message to me I usually won’t reading it since I now put my work as my #1 priority. I will drop by Xeal Telegram group if I am free, so please don’t send me random messages because I’ll most likely ignore it.

My advice to Xeal Players, academic and school is important. I guess it’s no secret that some of you dislike school and think that academic not important. I know some of you think that have fun is main priority and screw the schools. However, as a former delinquent, I can tell you that if you don’t focus on academic and school, you will regret it one day. You can have fun and ignoring all your work for now, but by the time you got terrible national exam result, it’s too late to regret. I know it is possible to argue my point with the fact that there are a lot of famous success person like Mark Zuckerberg (CEO & Founder of Facebook), Bill Gate (Former CEO& Founder of Microsoft) and many others business man became success in their life after they dropped out school but do not forget the fact that they are dropped out from Elite school like Harvard, ordinary school are no match with it. Also, school life is very important, if you don’t treasure it, by the time you go to work, you will miss it and you will not able to go back. Time move forward, once it has passed, you cannot buy back time no matter how rich and how good you are. Even you pray to God for 24 hours, 365 days, you still cannot go back in time and fix whatever mistakes you have done. Don’t let Hedonism (the pursuit of pleasure; sensual self-indulgence) ruin your life and your future, you should maintain a good balance between work and fun. What I mean here is, you can have fun but control yourself. When it’s time to have fun, play hard but when it’s time to work, work smart. Don’t be like me, ruined my SPM national exam result and only regret once things were happened.

Fun facts, this entire essay is much longer than my English test minimum words requirement and it took me 5 days to write it as I have a lot thing I want to expressed in this farewell thread.

If I have done any mistakes or offended anyone before, I would like to apology for it. If my farewell thread’s content offended you, I would also like to apology for it as I didn’t mean to do that, I don’t really want to offend anyone.

Thank you for making my life better
    StylZ
    (Ad-Mean-Strator of Zeal Gayming)

Last edited: 10 Oct 2016
    • Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Win Win x 2
  2. jjpang

jjpang Adept Poster - A2

Ratings:
    +442 / 0 / -6
    MC Player:
    XXjunjieXX
    Bye dude CAme to my server I welcame you as you welcome me to this server.Bye and if you farewell don need writes too long.Bye Last chatttttt

3. Tarence

Tarence The Sun, Apollo Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -8
    MC Player:
    Tarence
    What a "short" farewell. Haha bye stylz. Although I went inactive when you entered the staff team, I do agree that I've learnt many stuffs from you. I can see how your work life have gotten into you. However, don't forget to play some games to relief your stress when needed. As the saying goes, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Cya!

4. DumbAlert

DumbAlert Adept Poster - A3

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    MC Player:
    DumbAlert
    The Longest spoiler I have ever seen. But farewell to this staff

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. juggernauts

juggernauts マゾー先輩 Donor

Ratings:
    +2,172 / 3 / -4