Xeal June Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wuggle, 18 Jun 2016.

By Wuggle on 18 Jun 2016 at 23:31
  1. Wuggle

Wuggle Systems Admin Staff Member Founder Admin Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,917 / 0 / -2
    MC Player:
    Wuggle
    Hey guys,

Here are the updates for this month! Some of them have been implemented, while others will be introduced soon. We hope that you enjoy these new updates as much work have been put in to it (mostly from @Edue).

Discord as our new Voice Server
    After much consideration, we have decided to migrate from our old TeamSpeak server to a new Discord server with immediate effect. You can find links to join the new Discord server on the forums sidebar, or you can also join by going here (the link may expire). Please note that Discord account registration is required. Benefits of Discord over TeamSpeak includes more functionality, a better interface and no limitless user slots.

Our TeamSpeak 3 server will cease its services with effect from 30 June 2016. Do hop on Discord to hang out with us! Skilled and all donor ranks will receive VIP ranks on the Discord server, VIPs will be given out on request if it is not given out within 3 days by an admin or moderator.

Enforcement of Forum Rules
    Forum users who do not follow the forum rules breaking rules such as racking up posts by having nonconstructive posts or minimodders will be given warning points on the forums. Having too many warning points may have your access to the forum limited until the warning points expire. Warning points are given based on severity of offense, you have been warned!

Mojang EULA Compliance
    We are working towards full Mojang EULA compliance since early May and we will release our new donation packages soon. Prices will be changed and existing donors may get a free rank upgrade (not confirmed, at the moment.) The new donor perks will be cosmetic upgrades such as pets and cool features such as trails, disguises, special particle effects, and others that will be announced closer to the date of release.

Permissions Revamp
    Our permissions system is pending a revamp, this will unify all your ranks across all servers to reduce hassle and confusion the rankings system. This will also mean that we will have a unified rank applications section on the forums. More information will be released closer to the date of revamp! Stay tuned!

Plugin Restored: AuctionHouse
    AuctionHouse had an undisclosed bug and has since been fixed by plugin updates. You may now access AuctionHouse by simply using the /ah command in the Main server to browse/buy/sell items on the virtual market!

Rules Revamp
    Xeal Gaming Rules have been revamped and updated. You are advised to look at the updated rules, which have been revised by Edue and reviewed by myself. You are advised that if you break any of the new rules, you may be subjected to punishment that may lead to your access to limited server access.

Notable rule changes include:

• You may now use profanities in-game, but your profanity must not be targeted/directed at another player on the server.
    • You may not grief/raid property not belonging to a player in a pre-defined area claimed by a faction or in the vicinity of a locked chest or door.
    • Server advertising rule offenders will now be punished based on severity and intent of the perpetrator.
    • You may now use multiple accounts on the server

Servers Revamp
    As Edue has previously announced, we will be revamping all our servers soon. SkyBlock will take the place of the Wars server, and more games will be introduced into Xeal! Stay tuned for more information about the revamp at Edue's network revamp spoilers thread!

Thank you!

Wuggle
    Systems Administrator
    Xeal Gaming Network

• Cheers Cheers x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Win Win x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Wuggle, 18 Jun 2016.

1. Ninteen
      Ninteen
      June update is so well-planned and organised!!!
      I appreciate the amount of time + efforts put in by Wuggle and Edue!!
      Thanks for the information!

Cheers
      Ninteen
    2. ChimneySwift11
      ChimneySwift11
      108. STAFF IMPERSONATION

"Staff impersonation" refers to acts of imitation of a staff member of the server by any user who is not of an equal or elevated authority.

Examples of such acts include but is not limited to:

I. Claiming to be or know a staff member;

I think we should be allowed to claim to know a staff member.

Also, when will the donorzone be added?

Aside from that, I would like to say that the announcement and the new rules are very organized. Also, great job to the staff team on working on the new rules!
    3. Edue
      Edue
      An amendment will replace that rule soon, along with other poorly-phrased rules.
    4. Wuggle
      Wuggle

The donor zone may be added without any special perks or we may omit the donor zone entirely as it does not comply with the new Mojang EULA.
    5. naanthebread
      naanthebread
      Are there any limitations to using multiple accounts? To gain power in factions, etc.
    6. shadow1303
      shadow1303
      Why skyblock can't be in Games server?
      Ps: does revamp mean server reset?
      Pps: can we make a ban appeal for our sub acc?
      Last edited: 19 Jun 2016
    7. Skaijie
      Skaijie
      so i have to place locked chests in my railway?
    8. FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Can you give us any hints what games will be added?

Plus, what do you mean "profanities".
    9. ULTIMATESLJ
      ULTIMATESLJ
      Define 'vicinity' please. Like how far away is considered to be in the locked chest's vicinity?
    10. Bernard
      Bernard
      You can have sub account ?
      Unban my "MynamesBernard" acc back aiyo xdxd
    11. Shiro95
      Shiro95
      multiple accounts means how many acc in one ip address? o_O
    12. Bernard
      Bernard
      Yes shiro
    13. ItsJir
      ItsJir
    14. ChimneySwift11
      ChimneySwift11
      Can I get VIP rank? My number is 4616
    15. Charadrake
      Charadrake
      Skyblock isn't really considered as a minigame, more like gamemode, also wars server is dead, so why not?

No reset, more like improve

About that, i'm not sure..

Yes, it's the best to put them all along ^_^

Idk

Profanities = curse words to express anger (im not sure; e,g. f**k)

Example
      You can use profanities to express what you're feeling about
      "f**k, i fell"

But you're still not allowed to use them to express your feeling towards other player
      "Charadrake, you're a ****ing idiot"
    16. shadow1303
      shadow1303
      Just like league of legends
    17. ItsJir
      ItsJir
      Watch your profanity
    18. GoodLuckCharlie
      GoodLuckCharlie
      In the rules, it says people can't grief "in the vicinity of a locked chest or door or in an area which has been officially annexed by an administrator." What does "officially annexed" mean? Do I need to call an admin and tell them about whether I own a piece of land?
    19. Edue
      Edue
      An area which has been "officially annexed" by an administrator refers to an area that has been claimed by said administrator for server-related purposes, like for a new spawn, etc.